If you haven’t already booked your ticket for “What do you see“? as part of Adelaide Fringe View 2020 (online) please book here (tickets available until 31 May 2020):
“What do you see?”
“What do you see?” is a sensory adventure designed for children aged 5 to 10 and an opportunity to make their everyday life much more interesting.
Australian singer Karen Knowles invites children to go on a walk and suggests ways to look deeper at the hidden treasures in nature that we can take for granted during busy times. The video and associated walk is also an opportunity for parents to be part of this beautiful connection. Our intention is to have an ongoing ripple effect in the way our younger generations see and care for the natural world.
In addition to the video a notebook & instructions (downloadable pdf) are provided so children can go on their own journey and provide feedback that can be later incorporated into a new e-book and song.
We see this as the start of something beautiful and are very glad to present What do you see? online for the first time at the Adelaide Fringe Festival 2020.
We are planning to create a circle of care for parents and children who wish to continue beyond this Adelaide Fringe Festival event so we can come to consensus on the best way to engage with the children regularly to continue to encourage their love of the natural world, their connection with it and to foster the child’s self expression.
Feedback Form – What you see, touch, hear and notice during your walk in nature
Please ask your Mum or Dad to help you now fill out the form.
Fill in your comments and tell us what you have seen, heard, touched and smelled during your walks in the woods, park or your garden and then press submit. Your privacy is very important to us, so your name or email will never be used except to send you details of the new ebook.
If you wish to upload sound files or scanned copies of forms or drawings please select you file below and press upload. (Maximum file size 5mb)
Terms & Conditions
1. I provide my child’s details on the basis that they will not be personally identified when the song is published but if the parent and child is glad for them to be included in any public release their name may be used1. We value you and your child’s privacy. All details provided by children and or parents in relation to the What do I see? event will remain confidential
2. Please read our terms and conditions and review before purchasing a ticket.
3. All contributions of ideas are made voluntarily and we reserve the right to use or not to use the contributions made by children within this form
3. Parents agree to not influence their children’s contribution. Parents agree to support their child’s expression in whatever way the child wishes to express themselves (visual (painting, drawing, use of canva or other digital platform to create images); sound (use of a phone or other form of voice memo to capture sounds as mp3’s to be uploaded using File Upload feature or emailed to email@example.com) or written words about the child’s experiences
4. In addition to the completion of the questions on this form, parents agree to upload files using File Upload on this page or send to firstname.lastname@example.org the child’s visual, sounds or written input after the event.